Find more photos like this on Echo Park OnlineMore than 130 artists team up to promote art in the areas in and around Highland Park for the sprawling 18th Annual Arroyo Arts Discovery Tour Nov. 21.
From the iron worker who lives in the amazing rustic craftsman with an orderly from "ER," to the crazy warehouse on York filled with art made of Scrabble pieces and pop tabs, this art adventure is right up there with the legendary Brewery Artwalk.
You meet the reclusive artists, some of the modestly famous (like Clare Graham). You explore hidden neighborhoods of tranquility (where John Phillips Sousa lived). You see homes that are treasures (where Wyatt Earp lived).
As Edem Elesh said in an email: "This is a good time to collect art, as I don't have to mark up prices for gallery sales."
“North by Northeast”: Cutting-edge art meets artistic heritage at the 18th annual Arroyo Arts Collective Discovery Tour
- What: A self-guided auto tour featuring more than 100 artists in homes and studios in Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Glassell Park, Montecito Heights and Mount Washington
- When: Sunday, Nov. 21, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Tour begins at the Lummis Home, 200 E. Ave. 43, Highland Park, 90031
- How much: Tickets are $10 in advance; $15 on the day of the tour. Purchase advance tickets online atwww.arroyoartscollective.org or at Galco’s Old World Grocery, 5702 York Blvd., Highland Park.
- Information: Go to www.arroyoartscollective.org or call (323) 850-8566.