Time: January 7, 2011 at 4pm to February 4, 2011 at 7pm
Location: South Los Angeles
Website or Map: http://messagemediaed.org
Event Type: competition
Organized By: Shani Byard-Ngunjiri and Message Media Ed
Latest Activity: Jan 22, 2011
ATTENTION: SONGWRITERS | MC'S | POETS
AGES 13-25, SOUTH LA RESIDENTS ONLY
Message Media Ed presents...
DIGITAL LYRICIST - BLACK HISTORY MONTH CONTEST!
Win a Net Book (mini-laptop) & a full scholarship for Diversity Leaders Spring Retreat (April 18-23rd)
JUDGED BY THE LEGENDARY, BROTHER J OF X-CLAN!!!
****All finalists will work one-on-one with Brother J to prepare for their contest performance!***
Details are as follows:
1. Theme: "My Vision 4 South LA"
2. You Must Incorporate a Public Figure from Black History
3. 1 entry per person, 500 words or less
4. No curse words
5. $10 Entry Fee
6. Applicants, ages 13-17, need parent permission & should apply via mail
7. Final will be held at Earlez Grille at the Sanfoka Digi Family Day on Sunday February 27th, 2011
WE ARE LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK!
SHARE YOUR VOICE WITH YOUR COMMUNITY!
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION DETAILS http://MessageMediaEd.org/