40 Temporary Positions for Neighborhood Interviewers
The Los Angeles Urban League is seeking 40 interviewers to complete a door-to-door survey of residents in the Crenshaw area from Tuesday, May 15 through Saturday, May 19. Interviewers MUST attend training on Tuesday, May 15 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Then interviewers must be available on May 16 through May 19 to work from about 11 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Interviewers will be paid $11 an hour or a total of $396 total for this work, minus payroll tax deductions.
To be considered for these positions, applicants must:
• Be at least 18 years
• Be able to work ALL of the hours listed above;
• Be able to walk several blocks;
• Be comfortable in the community;
• Be personable and friendly;
• Be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement that they will never share any comments made to them using the names of the residents interviewed;
• Be able to read well enough to interview residents from a questionnaire to be provided;
• Be conscientious record keepers;
• Be willing to dress in clean, modest clothing each day, and
• Be willing to work in teams.
Interviewers who have a car to drive to the blocks where they will be working will be given preference.